Here are the top ten super hot things about my life right now (in no particular order):
- I got a new alarm clock last night, hoping that will help me wake up in the morning. I have been using my cell phone for the last, like, six years, and I’m hoping the “be-beeep, be-beeep, be-beeep” of the alarm clock will do the trick.
- I’ve been OBSESSED with all my spray painting projects lately. Since the humidity level (and overall temperature) has decreased in the last week or so, the conditions for spray painting have been a lot better. I’m getting ready to open my Etsy shop [I think] in the next couple weeks. I just want to get a decent inventory on hand when I start, so I don’t run out of stuff to sell right away.
- Speaking of spray paint projects, I FINALLY hung my white mirror wall over the weekend. I’m not gonna lie, it looks pretty sweet. I needed one more mirror (preferably round) to finish it off, and I found the perfect one last night at Savers. For $2! Score!
- I also finally finished off my tub of grape Laffy Taffys after only a WEEK. Woof. I practically ate them nonstop. They were so amazing and delicious and I wish I had more. My mouth waters at the thought of them. Thank you, Gwen, for one of my favorite birthday presents ever.
- I’ve also recently been obsessed with Caprese salads. I had one a few weeks ago at Seven, and it was super good; I was like, hey, I bet I could make this. Who cares if it’s not super nutritious with all that yummy mozzarella, guaranteed it’s more nutritious than a handful of Laffy Taffys. Yum. I may have to have one for dinner tonight.
- On the non-food-item side of things, I’ve been really into watching the Olympics. Mainly just gymnastics and swimming. The night that Team USA won the gold in gymnastics, I totally cried, those girls are so amazing. And Michael Phelps? What a machine. That man is an amazing athlete. Watching swimming really made me miss the sport. I don’t miss the grueling practices, just swimming in general. No wonder I have swim team themed dreams at least once a week. (Is that weird?)
- Other things that made me cry recently: (now this was a while ago, but…) when Emily Maynard picked Jef on the season finale of The Bachelorette. Man, that is one cute couple. I really hope nothing but the best for them… and then last night when I was at Cub Foods (getting some more caprese salad ingredients actually) I totally bawled. I don’t know why, but the cover of whatever dumb tabloid that had Macaulay Culkin on it just about did me in. I don’t know if I’ve ever physically/emotionally reacted so strongly, but I was so upset. There was just a horrible photo of him on the front, looking all gross and disheveled and out of control and the headline read “Home Alone’ star Macaulay Culkin Addicted To Heroin – Only 6 Months To Live!” It wasn’t anything about Macaulay Culkin that got me upset, I couldn’t care less about that, it just hit way too close to home as the sister of a heroin addict. Addiction is a serious and real disease and I just hate that tabloids talk about celebrities who struggle with addiction so nonchalantly, or like it’s just a behavior problem. Ugh… I’m getting all worked up again, I have to stop talking about it. Mainly, it just felt like they could’ve replaced the photo and the name of anyone dealing with addiction on the stupid cover and it would’ve had a completely different meaning. Right away I imagined my brother on that cover and could barely make it to my car before bursting into tears. I can’t lose him.
- Ok, so on a more positive note… everything at work is going really well. It’s getting into the busy time of the year, and I love it. It’s crazy and chaotic at times, but it’s the best. I can’t wait for school to start again and have more energy on campus. Plus, my actual job just feels so much better right now. My schedule is changing to work around my depression and hypersomnia issues, so it feels great to finally have someone (and HR, at that) on my side. AND (!!!!!!!) I’m getting a window put in my door so I can shut it during the day (to minimize distractions) without feeling completely confined to my little cave. SO excited about that.
- I also have two new crushes. Esmond (formerly Double N) is still kind of in the picture but he’s not looking for anything serious, so we’ll definitely remain friends, but since I am looking for something serious, we’re not hanging out as often. Which is probably for the best. The crushes are helpful. They’re probably not going to go anywhere (that’s the spirit!) but at least it’s fun to have a crush (or two)!
- I’m never giving up on love. In case anyone was wondering. :)